[Ambassadors] Únete a mi red en LinkedIn

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Wed Jun 29 19:58:34 UTC 2011

On 29/06/11 20:19, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
> Guys,

>>>  Two things here:
>>>  1- I am not sure this follow the "be nice to each other" rule
>
> I understand that Tristan is annoyed by such unnecessary spam, but as
> Pablo states - that's not the nice way to tell so.
> Whatever.
> As this is not the first linkedin mail I stumbled upon on a Fedora
> mailing list, I'd like to make a proposal:
> Why not filter these mails with mailman already before they get through
> to us recipients?
>
> vinz.
Maybe some of you aren't very well versed with the English language.
I did not insult or was rude to Gent, in fact, we British are very
touchy in detecting rudeness. As to my crap remark, google is CRAP.
That is my opinion and I stand by it. I also find LinkedIn, Facebook,
and all copycats crap.
And no, I was going to ignore what was said earlier, but if people keep
on about how they perceived that I was rude to somebody, I feel the need
to clarify.

Further, from the email headers, it is clear Gent misconfigured
something, probably importing address books from a third party, probably
Gmail!

Joerg, we should probably just block all mails from the linkedin SMTPs.
I do not see why this wouldnt be possible now, especially since we run
our own servers handling the mailing lists now. Maybe opening a ticket
with regards to this, is the answer. Probably will also stop the
malicious spam bots that invite to lists on purpose, so they can spam
1000s or spam as the people who fall victim that to that herding attack.

Best regards,

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org