[Ambassadors] FAmSCo meeting minutes - 2011-05-14

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 19:10:43 UTC 2011

2011/5/14 Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera <bckurera at fossuser.lk>:
> Hello,
> Yes, as per the election rules election is required only if the number of
> vacant seats increases upto 3 or more.[1]
> An election is not required at this moment.
> But I believe giving the opportunity to another Ambassador is good rather
> than keeping it as vacant.
> Ultimately it will simplify others work as well.
> Therefore we can select the next one on the row for the vacant seats.
> Ideas welcome :).

Generally, I think governance bodies should abide by the rules that
they have in place, rather than make up stuff on the fly. But if you
would like to suggest this as a policy change for the future I think
it is worth thinking about as you make a good point about giving other
ambassadors the opportunity to serve.

Since there is no current provision I see for the remainder of FAmSCo
to appoint anyone, I would be more agreeable to a mid-term election
which would not be difficult to arrange.

How many actual vacant seats are there now? I only know of one.

John