[Ambassadors] [legals] Media production out of the Fedora Project perspective

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sat Oct 29 15:02:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 5:16 AM, Kévin Raymond
<shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I could not find any docs about media production without ambassadors
> involved (nor FamSco approval).
> Fedora is free software, mostly under GPL, if an NPO ask me if they
> could sell a DVD containing only Free Softwares, as well as the Fedora
> Live CD included, is there any problem? I don't think so if the Fedora
> Project iso is not altered.
> Is there a difference between hundreds and thousands units?
> What about selling respins?
>
> Which wiki page details this?
>
> Cheers,

Without seeking permission anyone may do the following:

Provided that it's only Fedora on the media - and it's the ISOs that
are distributed from fp.o, no permission is needed,
see: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines#Distributing_Fedora_software_2

If it is a combination of Fedora software and non-Fedora software -
then you may use the Secondary mark:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines#Distributing_combinations_of_Fedora_software_with_non-Fedora_or_modified_Fedora_software

--David
speaking only for myself.