[Ambassadors] APAC Ambassador Meeting 2012-08-04 Minutes

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 5 08:48:08 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 13:36 +0530, Uditha Bandara Wijerathna wrote:
> Thanks Mathieu for the help. As I'm aware I've never seen sri lankan
> mirror is coming up in yum. It is always try to use japan or sg
> mirrors. That is the reason I'm using it manually.

Well, I can't find it in the list of mirrors:
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist

Mirrors must register with Mirror Manager so that users can connect to
them automatically:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring

I might have overlooked it in the list, but if it's indeed not there,
make sure you get the mirror admin to register. That will make for a
much better (and automatic) user experience, right out of the box. :)

PS: Please don't top-post on mailing-lists:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Proper_posting_style

--
Mathieu