[Ambassadors] Release collateral

Clint Savage herlo at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 24 19:28:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Ruth Suehle <rsuehle at redhat.com> wrote:
>> In planning for F18, the marketing team would like to know what you, as
>> ambassadors, would find most useful for release collateral. Not general
>> Fedora collateral, but things specific to each release. What information and
>> types of collateral do you need about each release? In what contexts are
>> they most useful?
>
> I'm partial to a trifold (takes up little booth countertop space) with
> a small bit about the new features in the release and some general
> information about where to find us on the web and where to go to join.
> In the past we have tried much bigger single sheets per big feature
> but those are clumsy at a booth to deal with. Sometimes less is more,
> and less about the features encourages more people to ask about ones
> that might interest them from a list.
>
> John

Speaking of which, a while back we had a FAD at Iowa State. In which
we created something similar to what John is describing. I've still
got that collateral (from Fedora 13) and I think it might be useful to
envision. I thought it was valuable at the time and agree it would be
very helpful now.

http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/art/fad/Fedora-13-kde-live-bifold-inside.pdf
http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/art/fad/Fedora-13-kde-live-booklet-inside.pdf
http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/art/fad/Fedora-13-kde-live-booklet-outside.pdf