[Ambassadors] Organizing Fedora swag a bit better

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 23:01:34 UTC 2012

2012/3/23 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 16:08 -0500, inode0 wrote:
>> Yes, but again sorry if I just am being stupid, but I don't see how
>> anything there is connected to any vendor or vendor provided template.
>> So if I am given a template from a vendor I still don't know how to
>> take from this page what is appropriate and mangle it into the
>> template without fear of messing up. :)
>
> Right now we're just talking at the design level. Once we are pretty
> sure we're set with a good base set of designs, then we'll need to
> figure out a way for ambassadors to auth via FAS to get access to
> templates for each design. E.g., for the 'Fedora' logotype design, maybe
> there's a folder for that somewhere, and you can login and grab various
> versions of that design in different templates... one for a t-shirt, one
> for a pen, one for a lanyard, etc.  For print materials, like the four
> F's poster, you might find print-ready files for A3 format, US Letter,
> A4, etc.
>
> Does that make sense?

I'm really not sure. It seems to have creeping layers of complexity.
If I can grab the png from the design page and give that to a button
vendor why do I need to do more to get the template to give to the
vendor?

And while this is the ambassador list so it is natural to talk about
ambassadors doing these things I want to understand clearly whether
there is an intention to restrict it to ambassadors. Non-ambassador
group contributors have done this same work in the past and I'd rather
not exclude them from doing so in the future. I raised this point on
the legal list as well but it still isn't clear to me in either the
new draft of the guidelines or in discussions various place that I've
seen.

John