[Ambassadors] Organizing Fedora swag a bit better

S.Kemter buergermeister at karl-tux-stadt.de
Mon Mar 26 09:52:27 UTC 2012

Am Montag, 26. März 2012, 10:46:06 schrieb Kévin Raymond:
> >> I see that in the other way. We have a design, and the vendor which is
> >> professional manage to get what we want, they have to work, not only
> >> press the print button :)

u earn maybe 1/2 cent with each printed flyer. Do you really think I do more as
press the "print button" for 1000 flyers what means I earn 5€ with?

> > The problem is that the vendor usually doesn't do it for free. It means
> > additional costs for us unless we have special relationships with
> > vendors. When we made a large rollup banner we had to pay additional €70
> > just because we couldn't produce a print PDF the printer would accept
> > and their designer had to redraw it.

he hadnt to redraw, he simple converted the colors.

> > Jiri
>
> It depends, some are doing it for free, in order to grab more clients.

this discussion begins to become senseless

1. CMYK != CMYK in US mostly used profile is adobe USWebcoated, europe more
FOGRA or ECI. Thats the problem where "pink" Fedora logos come from. Its not
from converting RGB > CMYK. Its more unknown RGB profile converted to CMYK ;)
2. bleed every printer like to have a different
3. border same like bleed

Key to get what a ambassador might need is simple, time and communication. Not
sitting at home and waiting until the event arrives, its more in 3 months I
will have that event I need some flyers or whatever there so lets talk about
now ;)

br gnokii