[Ambassadors] the event box & banners

mario juliano grande balletta mario.balletta at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:39:43 UTC 2012

hey everyone!

i need some help and advice.  kk4ewt  shipped the banners to me,
however the house number and my name was incorrect on the waybill, so
i checked with my neighbors, and the old couple next door claim
vehemently they did not receive a box from UPS with banners,  in the
past, they have kindly walked over and hand delivered mail, letters,
boxes that UPS left at their door, as a matter of fact, they have a
sign posted on their front door that says any mail not addressed to
their family (The Ricci's) should be delivered next door (me),

so i no longer suspect the elderly couple, and neither of my neighbors
have recieved any boxes, so now i have no idea how to track down the
missing banners, UPS will not work with me since i am not the shipper

what can we do?  my gut instinct is that UPS left without leaving the
banners, and the driver did what most drivers do, which is input
delivery confirmation into their handheld device and input the
recipient name, a common practice when signature is not absolutely
required

can someone who manages the account with UPS make some calls?

in the future, i suggest the following:

a) shipments be explicitly marked "signature required"
b) please doublecheck the spelling of names, use the full name, and
double check addressing, it only takes a few extra seconds
c) perhaps mark shipments to be held for pickup, prevents human error

just my two cents

i routinely receive shipments from IBM, CDW and personal items as
well, and have not had any issues before, this is a first time
occurrance

let me know how to proceed,