[Ambassadors] the event box & banners

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 18:40:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM, mario juliano grande balletta
<mario.balletta at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey everyone!
>
> i need some help and advice.  kk4ewt  shipped the banners to me,
> however the house number and my name was incorrect on the waybill, so
> i checked with my neighbors, and the old couple next door claim
> vehemently they did not receive a box from UPS with banners,  in the
> past, they have kindly walked over and hand delivered mail, letters,
> boxes that UPS left at their door, as a matter of fact, they have a
> sign posted on their front door that says any mail not addressed to
> their family (The Ricci's) should be delivered next door (me),
>
> so i no longer suspect the elderly couple, and neither of my neighbors
> have recieved any boxes, so now i have no idea how to track down the
> missing banners, UPS will not work with me since i am not the shipper
>
> what can we do?  my gut instinct is that UPS left without leaving the
> banners, and the driver did what most drivers do, which is input
> delivery confirmation into their handheld device and input the
> recipient name, a common practice when signature is not absolutely
> required
>
> can someone who manages the account with UPS make some calls?

I suspect only Ben can work with UPS on this as the shipper as we all
use different UPS accounts.

> in the future, i suggest the following:
>
> a) shipments be explicitly marked "signature required"
> b) please doublecheck the spelling of names, use the full name, and
> double check addressing, it only takes a few extra seconds
> c) perhaps mark shipments to be held for pickup, prevents human error
>
> just my two cents

Let's see what happened and how it is resolved. While we can make
shipments less convenient for everyone involved we don't encounter
many problems that I am aware of shipping in the manner we do now.

> i routinely receive shipments from IBM, CDW and personal items as
> well, and have not had any issues before, this is a first time
> occurrance
>
> let me know how to proceed,

I don't really know how to proceed at this point beyond waiting to see
if Ben can get information from UPS. It was shipped so long ago I
suspect we will just be out of luck if they aren't found somewhere.

John