[Ambassadors] FAD APAC 2013

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Tue Aug 27 04:25:42 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Magie Antonio" <magie at bluepoint.com.ph>

Great. Thanks PH team for stepping up.

> May we know more details about this please?
>
> 1. How may participants will be coming to the Philippines?

I hope we can join 1-2 ambassadors from each APAC country.

There are 9 countries made plans this year [1]; plus some other new ones,
there would be about 15-20 participants, I think.

> 2. How long will the FAD APAC be?

It should be held at the weekend. People arrive on Friday and depart on
Sunday, for instance.

> 3. Is there a budget that we should work around with?

Honestly, I have no idea since this is the first time we organize this kind
of events. However, I believe that it would be quite helpful for us to make
much better plans for APAC so we can request for enough funds.

At this time, we need to make the event schedule + budget estimation first.
Then I will advice more with FAmSCo and budget owner to check for the final
budget.

> 4. What are the requirements or expectations from us as the host?

We will start clarifying this.

> We look forward to making the FAD APAC 2013 happen in the Philippines.

Thanks again.

To other ambassadors, especially ones in APAC. Please get involved to this
discussion to have more ideas.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/Budget#References

Kind regards,
Tuan