[Ambassadors] Fedora 18 Release Party

Marie Grace Gaffud-Antonio magie at bluepoint.com.ph
Mon Feb 25 07:30:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

The local Fedora community in the Philippines held its Fedora 18 release party last Friday, February 23 at Bluepoint Foundation.

Fedora Ambassadors organized the half-day event which started at 1PM and ended at 8PM. A lot things about Fedora were shared and discussed. We also encouraged attendees already implementing Fedora on their servers to join the Fedora Ambassadors. Herson featured F18 desktops like Cinnamon and Mate, while Engels gave a technical lecture about the Teaming Network Driver.

Fedora-18-x86_64 DVDs were also distributed but most of the participants have already been using it on their systems. :)

After the technical discussion, attendees stayed for 4 more hours to help plan for the possible FAD APAC hosting in our country at the Boracay Island. I will post the proposed itinerary for this on the wiki and separate email.

Overall, the Spherical Cow release party was exhausting yet fun and productive at the same time. Full details including photos will be posted at http://ph.fedoracommunity.org/

Regards,
Magie