[Ambassadors] T-shirt for each F19 release party organizer

John T. Rose rose at iastate.edu
Mon May 6 19:57:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com> wrote:
> As I said, I have no problem to include others, but they have to make a
> move. What I hear all the time is that FAmSCo should only take care of
> ambassador program and that we're not the emperors of Fedora Project.
> What do you think they'd say if we came up with raffles and set rules
> for other teams.

They said thank you last time. Forcing someone in QA for example to
decide who should get something is very awkward and problematic for
them. If we sent something out of the blue to obvious contributors in
QA based on whatever I think they would just be very happy.

> I'm OK with helping other teams with production and distribution because
> that's what ambassadors have experience with, but they have to do the
> rest: set criteria, identify people who qualify for a gift etc.
> I personally asked Fedora QA several times if they'd like to send some
> goodies to their testing heroes. I heard back that they were not sure if
> that was the right way to go. I've been asked several times by people
> from different Fedora teams if I could give them some goodies to
> recognize a contributor in their team. I never turned them down and gave
> them what was available (hats, mugs, stickers,...).
> So they're not being left out, but it needs to be their initiative.
> FAmSCo and ambassadors are here to help, not to dictate rules and force
> raffles upon other teams.

Wow. Saying thank you to someone is now dictating and forcing things
on them? I don't know what to say so I'll stop now. Sorry for the
interruption.

John