[Ambassadors] Ambassadors places in new Working Groups

Nobrakal nobrakal at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 11:41:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

2013/10/27, Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:
> On 27.10.2013 10:32, Nobrakal wrote:
>> Recently, some Working Groups has been created [1]. In the most of
>> case (except in the Server WG with Truong Anh. Tuan), we don't have
>> any representant of the ambassador group.
>> I exaggerate, because some developers are ambassadors (like C.
>> Wickert, H. Guémar...), but they are in these groups primary for their
>> skills in programming. I don't say "they are bad ambassadors", but I
>> think developper task + ambassador reprensentant task are too much for
>> one person.
>
> till this point i do not understand the intention of the e-mail
>
>> I think it's a great idea to strengthens the links between ambassadors
>> and WG. The ambassador is an important link between users and
>> developpers, on my mind, he must be in these groups.
>
> "must" is a strong word - we discussed concepts to enforce additional
> group-memberships for Ambassadors as requirement in the past without
> final results. Is this what you intent?

For me, "must" means an obligation, it's a synonym of "have to". I'm
not a perfect english talker (I'm french ;) ), sorry fot that.

The intention of this email is to remind the importance of
ambassadors. Fedora isn't just a developpers team, but much team withs
different goal (like marketing and ambassador). If we forget one of
that team, it's, always on my mind, a big mistake