[Ambassadors] Discussion: revoking ambassador status

Alejandro Perez aeperezt at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 27 14:56:26 UTC 2014

Mentors, is a big issue if they are not available, but before we jump
into demanding new mentor or going to all steps to add a new mentor we
need to review this:

How many tickets or mentor request are for that particular region.
How many request an active mentor has rejected.

With out that, we will have more trouble.

On the pass, I have been complaining on how mentors are select, but in
the end it works, how ever there are many ambassador who want to become
mentor because they think it is the next step after been ambassador.

What we really need is a way to mesure mentors work. I know the mentor
track is a way but not sure if we can get some sort of reports from
that. That will help with to define if more mentors are needed or if a
mentor is not doing its work.

Ambassadors, we need to figured out a way to remove inactive
ambassadors, but we also need to define when ambassadors become
inactive.
There are countries with too many ambassadors on the list, how ever when
you look around you will find that only a few are doing something, what
is worst is that there are people on the list who express their
resignation as ambassadors or to the project, but still listed as
ambassadors.

This became a problem when someone from out side the project try to
contact one of those ambassadors from the list and none of them answer.
As ambassadors is the face of the community in that region or country we
need to make sure people listed are available to answer an email
regarding Fedora.

my two cents.