[Ambassadors] Proposing Andrew Ward (Award3535) as new mentor for NA

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 7 20:52:42 UTC 2014

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Neville A. Cross <yn1v at taygon.com> wrote:
>> The new procedure to make this as transparent and quicker states that a new
>> mentor should be nominated by a current mentor and then this should be bring
>> to the mailing list for comments.
>
> I haven't been paying attention to the new mentor process but I can't
> imagine a process asking for feedback on a mailing list like this one
> being a good idea. If someone were to say something negative about a
> proposed mentor should that really be documented forever on a public
> mailing list? I don't think anyone nominated should be subjected to
> that even being a possibility.
>
> John

Neville, John,
this should have gone to the FAmA-mentors list, not to the ambassadors
list. The new process is not so far away from the last one and nobody
wants to have an ongoing mentor juget in public. The process is as
easy as before and we still need to define it on the wiki (together
with other steps which aren't anymore up to date as you pointed out,
John).
We have a proposal from a mentor nominating a new mentor and will put
that into the FAmA-ML, where mentors can give their feedback (or not).
If there are any comments for a week, FAmSCo will vote and appoint the
new mentor during the next meeting. Same process as before as before
more or less, and easy as before.
We don't want to have too many rules and I think that's the right way.
I hope it is clearer now and we can close this discussion before it
gets endless ;)
Thanks.
Kind regards.

--