[Ambassadors] Marketing requirements - what do the ambassadors need?

Momcilo Medic medicmomcilo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 22:02:26 UTC 2015

> I think we need some flyers, usually timeless generic ones IMHO - but
> that is also true - that we don't really need a series of them. IMHO
> we need something that actually summarizes the new stuff, and pays
> attention to the changes. Thats why was useful the earlier one page
> release notes that filled perfectly this gap. We can include generic
> informations, and actual infos, and if we design it to be foldable
> with some contact info - I think we solved it the flyer question.

This is exactly what I was pondering about last few days. A simple flyer
with release notes on one side (so you know why you should try new
release) and on the other side *all* the support resources: Ask Fedora,
IRC, forums, Wiki, ... (so you know where to look for help if you get
stuck)
Also, producing them in really small quantities so you don't hunt people
with it (as you see many do), but rather have it available at the booths
for people that do find value in them.

> Otherwise - we need something that actually can be an app on android
> that provides an installer (so that way I take fedora ISO's anywhere),
> and turn my phone into an install server sharing as access point. I
> have also created an new mktg ticket 200 with an idea, that maybe fits
> into this app maybe.

I believe this kind of app exists (root required), but having an
official one, Fedora branded would be really neat.

Regarding the USB drives, those would be *the* best things, if only
there were a company that produced low capacity (~2GB) for extremely low
cost... maybe one day.

Mugs are great, somewhere between pens and USB drives regarding
'coolness'. Only issue is how to fairly hand them out... At a conference
you could have a game-of-chance or you could throw them at people...
which is horrible :)

Pens... they will last between releases and are constant reminder of
Fedora, I agree that this is awesome idea and a *must*, imho :)

--
Kind regards,
Momcilo 'Momo' Medic.