[Ambassadors] Let's update our Inventory in EMEA

Giannis Konstantinidis giannis at konstantinidis.cc
Mon Nov 16 19:18:59 UTC 2015

Hey Zoltan,

>     On November 16, 2015 at 8:02 PM Zoltan Hoppar <hopparz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     This inventory never was accurate, and no use at all - as we going
>     forward with events, and gets always outdated.

It was never accurate, simply because people were not updating it. :)

>     We need somealternative that supports much deeper item handling per region
> and
>     more accurate, precise I/O from producing till it's used up.

That would be over-engineering, in my opinion. An up-to-date inventory page
works fine; we just need an overview of the available swag in the region.

>     First Ithink we have to say also where we concentrate items, so key
>     ambassadors can be target requests there. In the past I think we used
>     Brno pretty well, but would be great to discuss this widely. Thoughts?

They have been doing some great work so far in the Brno Office. We could keep
producing media, swag, etc. in the Czech Republic and then redistribute them to
the communities.

Cheers.
-Giannis

--