[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC 2016 proposal

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:13:59 UTC 2015

On 14 October 2015 at 21:18, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On a more general note, something for APAC region to consider... using
> very rough back-of-the-envelope calculations, the $17k proposed here
> could instead be used to get a dozen key contributors from APAC to
> Flock next year. How would doing that compare as value for the money in
> terms of overall benefit to the Fedora APAC community? (Not saying
> that's necessarily better — genuine question.)

Maybe we need to seriously reconsider the idea of having three premier
events and have just one contributor event, Flock, once a year.  This
ought to also get rid of all of the "you have your FUDCon, why do you
want to hog funds from our Flock" nonsense that seems to get spewed
around in different ways.

If we do this however, we need to also rethink how we do user outreach.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in