[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC 2016 proposal

sankarshan sankarshan at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 15 04:25:38 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I'd also be interested in the suggestion of synergy with the Barcamp.
> If there's 3500-tech-interested people, why not focus on that event
> entirely and try to reach more than 100?

This is probably a more nuanced articulation of a similar question I'd posted.

> On a more general note, something for APAC region to consider... using
> very rough back-of-the-envelope calculations, the $17k proposed here
> could instead be used to get a dozen key contributors from APAC to
> Flock next year. How would doing that compare as value for the money in
> terms of overall benefit to the Fedora APAC community? (Not saying
> that's necessarily better — genuine question.)

Different objectives would be achieved. A part of the Fedora APAC
community needs to identify geographical regions which are
under-represented and then plan ways to increase participant and
contributor base around the area. APAC is both a high population
density and a large region, how large is the mid/long-term contributor
spread around the zone? How can we plan to increase that? These are
good questions to be planful with.

Enabling Flock participation of 'key' contributors creates an
opportunity for such participants to drive the direction of their
projects. It does not necessarily demand that they create similar
paths for others in their own regions. Not that they have to (but just
in case a 'trickle-down' was being thought of)

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>