[Ambassadors] FAD Singapore 2015

Harish Pillay harish.pillay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 04:51:15 UTC 2015

Daniskha -

> As most of you know Fedora community in Singapore suppose to host the up
> comming FAD [1].
>
> Local community has following questions.
>
> Do we really need to meet in person to plan next year budget?
> Do we really need two days to do this work?
> Can we consider budget planning as the secondary goal.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Singapore_2015

Thanks for kick-starting this.

I feel that any Fedora activity should have engagement with the local community
of open source enthusiasts. A FAD has been, for me atleast, a mini FUDcon of
sorts. Smaller scale, but focused to build a following.  if it is for
budget discussions
and no community engagement, I think it would be not a useful use of time and
resources.

Harish