[Ambassadors] FAD Singapore 2015

sankarshan sankarshan at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 20 04:58:32 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Harish Pillay <harish.pillay at gmail.com> wrote:
> A FAD has been, for me atleast, a mini FUDcon of
> sorts. Smaller scale, but focused to build a following.

I would propose that we tread carefully when using bits like "FAD is
mini FUDCon" or, "Flock is better FUDCon" etc. Long, long time ago, a
Fedora Activity Day/FAD was designed as a day (or, even multi-day)
event to enable Fedora contributors to come together and address
specific tasks. So, you'll see Design Team FAD or, Taskotron FAD and
so forth.

A natural advantage of having some of the decision-making contributors
(I am staying away from 'key' or, 'core' - these are becoming vanity
badges) in a single location is that additional aspects of Fedora
community growth can be undertaken (eg. FUDCon PNQ had some FUDCon PP
planning)

Regardless of how things go, it is best to require prep work for
budget instead of back-of-envelope/sections-of-whiteboard scribbles.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>