[Ambassadors] FAD Singapore 2015

Harish Pillay harish.pillay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 05:12:22 UTC 2015

>> A FAD has been, for me atleast, a mini FUDcon of
>> sorts. Smaller scale, but focused to build a following.
>
> I would propose that we tread carefully when using bits like "FAD is
> mini FUDCon" or, "Flock is better FUDCon" etc. Long, long time ago, a
> Fedora Activity Day/FAD was designed as a day (or, even multi-day)
> event to enable Fedora contributors to come together and address
> specific tasks. So, you'll see Design Team FAD or, Taskotron FAD and
> so forth.

Fair enough.

> A natural advantage of having some of the decision-making contributors
> (I am staying away from 'key' or, 'core' - these are becoming vanity
> badges) in a single location is that additional aspects of Fedora
> community growth can be undertaken (eg. FUDCon PNQ had some FUDCon PP
> planning)
>
> Regardless of how things go, it is best to require prep work for
> budget instead of back-of-envelope/sections-of-whiteboard scribbles.

I would be more comfortable if there was an element of technical discussions
including quick hacks, doc sprints, 101-type talks to get newbies on board.
With the presence of Ambassadors from the region (even if one per city/country)
the opportunity for the local enthusiasts to meet and network should not be
wasted.

So, here's what I would like to propose for the two days:

  a) Launch/Release of Fedora 23
  b) Special interest topics around F23/Cloud/Atomic etc
  c) barcamp topics
  d) Budget planning sign offs; resolution of critical outstanding issues
  e) Planning for FUDcon 2016 (and 2017)
  f) Social

Does this make sense?

Harish