[Ambassadors] FAD Singapore 2015

pravin.d.s at gmail.com pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 17:24:05 UTC 2015

On 20 October 2015 at 10:42, Harish Pillay <harish.pillay at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> A FAD has been, for me atleast, a mini FUDcon of
> >> sorts. Smaller scale, but focused to build a following.
> >
> > I would propose that we tread carefully when using bits like "FAD is
> > mini FUDCon" or, "Flock is better FUDCon" etc. Long, long time ago, a
> > Fedora Activity Day/FAD was designed as a day (or, even multi-day)
> > event to enable Fedora contributors to come together and address
> > specific tasks. So, you'll see Design Team FAD or, Taskotron FAD and
> > so forth.
>
> Fair enough.
>
> > A natural advantage of having some of the decision-making contributors
> > (I am staying away from 'key' or, 'core' - these are becoming vanity
> > badges) in a single location is that additional aspects of Fedora
> > community growth can be undertaken (eg. FUDCon PNQ had some FUDCon PP
> > planning)
> >
> > Regardless of how things go, it is best to require prep work for
> > budget instead of back-of-envelope/sections-of-whiteboard scribbles.
>
> I would be more comfortable if there was an element of technical
> discussions
> including quick hacks, doc sprints, 101-type talks to get newbies on board.
> With the presence of Ambassadors from the region (even if one per
> city/country)
> the opportunity for the local enthusiasts to meet and network should not be
> wasted.
>
> So, here's what I would like to propose for the two days:
>
>   a) Launch/Release of Fedora 23
>   b) Special interest topics around F23/Cloud/Atomic etc
>   c) barcamp topics
>   d) Budget planning sign offs; resolution of critical outstanding issues
>   e) Planning for FUDcon 2016 (and 2017)
>   f) Social
>
> Does this make sense?

Yes this make sense !!
Fedora is evolving continuously. Whether its Fedora.Next, Fedora Council,
FAmSCo then Fedora OpenShift as an objective, G!1N and number of activities
still on the way.
Its not just matter of deciding budget but discussing challenges APAC
brings to the growth of Fedora community.

I would like to propose one more topic country wise strategy for Fedora
growth. There are already recommendation for University program, need to
decide few more on APAC side. Lets start adding these points to FAD wiki
then select few for in meeting and then work on schedule and other stuff.

Regards,
Pravin Satpute