[fedora-arm] replacing ubuntu on sheevaplug

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 15:46:40 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 25 August 2009 11:37:35 am Lluís Batlle wrote:
> The debian people use not only a kernel to boot, but also an initrd
> image. I can't remember if also fedora uses it.

This is why I'd like to work out the recipe and put it in the wiki. There's a
lot more info floating around the web for doing this on Ubuntu

> As the kernel, you have to load that image into memory, and then pass
> that address as a second parameter to bootm. The first parameter is
> the memory address of the kernel. If the fedora people provide also an
> initrd, pass its memory address as the second parameter to bootm.

OK.

> Btw, why you have an apostrophe between "bootm" and the memory address
> 0x6400000 ?

The kernel I was using comes from here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/PlatformSheevaplug

Farther down on the page is using it by tftp, so I assumed that is the
address.

-Steve