[fedora-arm] New to the list

Frank ultima.ratio.regum69 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 20:32:04 UTC 2009

Hi Adam and welcome,

What do you need exactly when you say you want to develop on ARM
platform and what kind of software do you want to develop (or port )?

ARM platform is a vast world, if you only look at four Cortex-8 CPU,
you'll find that they are quite differents :
OMAP3 (beagleboard)
http://focus.ti.com/dsp/docs/dspcontent.tsp?contentId=53403
iMX515
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX515
PXA168
http://www.marvell.com/featured/pxa168.jsp
Snapdragon :
http://www.qctconnect.com/products/snapdragon.html#TechnicalFeatures

For more information about  ARM architecture, you'll find some good
technicals data on ARM website (need to register but it's free).
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?noscript=1

For more ressources about a CPU (OMAP, ...), you'll probably find info
on TI, Freescale, Marvell, Qualcomm, ... website.
For OMAP3530 (beagleboard) :
http://focus.ti.com/dsp/docs/dspfindtoolswbytooltype.tsp?sectionId=3&tabId=2088&toolTypeId=1&familyId=44

How to maintain Fedora packages :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers

I'm not sure i've correctly answer your questions, but i hope this
help you a bit.

Regards,

Frank