[fedora-arm] F13 glibc patches for ARM?

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Fri Aug 5 12:46:36 UTC 2011

 On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 13:42:19 +0100, Peter Robinson
 <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Gordan Bobic  wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   Are the patches for F13 glibc to make it work on ARM available
>   somewhere? I noticed that F13-ARM ships with 2.12-4, but primary
> F13
>   ships with 2.12-1 which was updated to 2.12.2-1. Where are the
> patches
>   from 2.12-1 to 2.12-4 for ARM? I found this page:
>
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Packages_needing_patching
> [2]
>   but it only lists F12 packages, the F13 section is empty.
>
>   The reason I'm asking is because I'm building RHEL6 for ARM, and
> glibc
>   is one off the packages that don't build. Build fails with armv5tel
> not
>   supported. I can see in the F13 spec file that the only arm
> specific
>   patch applied is tzupdate2.patch, with a couple of ARM specific
> compile
>   options and suchlike, I just wanted to make sure there is nothing
> else
>   I'm missing.
>
> In the srpm?

 Yes, as I said, I saw the spec file in the srpm, and the only thing I
 can see there is the tzupdate2.patch, but that doesn't explain the gap
 between 2.12-1 and 2.12-4. My concern is that there may be ARM specific
 fixes between those versions, and primary F13 never appears to have
 shipped with 2.12-4.

 Gordan