[fedora-arm] debuginfo packages for fedora-arm-koji

Niels de Vos devos at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 23 09:19:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
> On 02/20/2011 10:07 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 2:43 AM, Gordan Bobic<gordan at bobich.net>  wrote:
>>> Can anybody point me in the direction of debuginfo packages for the
>>> fedora-arm-koji repository? I'm trying to get some backtraces for bug
>>> reporting but there debuginfos seem to be missing.
>>
>> I have no idea if there is a repository, but koji seems to build the
>> debuginfos and has them available for download:
>> - latest glibc: https://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=8721
>> - or access them like
>> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/glibc/2.12/4/armv5tel/
>
> I installed all the debuginfo packages that seem relevant to what I'm
> debugging, but I still can't find the ones that cover the following
> libraries:
>
> /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
> /usr/lib/libSM.so.6
> /usr/lib/libxcb-aux.so.0
> /usr/lib/libxcb-event.so.1
> /usr/lib/libxcb-atom.so.1
> /usr/lib/libXau.so.6
> /lib/libuuid.so.1
> /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2
> /lib/libcom_err.so.2
> /lib/libkeyutils.so.1
> /usr/lib/libXss.so.1
>
> GDB suggests I install debuginfos for these packages:
>
> keyutils-libs-1.2-6.fc12.armv5tel
> libSM-1.1.0-7.fc12.armv5tel
> libXScrnSaver-1.2.0-1.fc12.armv5tel
> libXau-1.0.5-1.fc12.armv5tel
> libart_lgpl-2.3.20-5.fc12.armv5tel
> libcom_err-1.41.10-6.fc13.armv5tel
> libjpeg-6b-46.fc12.armv5tel
> libuuid-2.17.2-3.fc13.armv5tel
> xcb-util-0.3.6-1.fc12.armv5tel
>
> but said debuginfos either don't exist (e.g. libjpeg) or don't seem to
> contain the debug symbols for the library being linked (e.g.
> libXScrnSaver-debuginfo doesn't provide debuginfo for /usr/lib/libXss.so.1).
>
> Am I missing something, or is something broken here?

I checked some of these packages and I can also not find the debuginfo
for them. If there is a debuginfo version of a package, but the
symbols are missing, than that is likely a packaging issue (need to
compile with -g and not strip the binaries during the build-process).

However, depending on the issue you hit, some debuginfo's will not add
(much) value to the stacktrace. I'd suggest to see what gdb can do
with your core, and see if the stacktrace is complete. You might well
have all the information that is needed already.

Cheers,
Niels