[fedora-arm] dietlibc port?

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Fri Jan 7 10:14:18 UTC 2011

Andy Green wrote:
> On 01/07/11 10:02, Somebody in the thread at some point said:
>
>> That doesn't sound too promising. My motivation to debug code of that
>> nature is rapidly fading, not least because it turns out that the reason
>> I needed dietlibc has disappeared - it turns out util-vserver package
>> that I need it for will happily build against the standard full-fat libc.
>
> Sounds like you found a solution ^^

It's a solution for me, but from tthe philosophical point of view, there
is probably the greater issue of the distribution to consider. Is
dietlibc really that useful on a non-embedded distribution (yes, I know
I'm referring to the ARM port of something as non-embedded)? What really
concerns me is that it doesn't build on x86 either, at which point I
can't but question what the point of having it in the current state is
at all.

Gordan