[fedora-arm] Broken sha512sum in coreutils

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Fri Jan 7 21:30:01 UTC 2011

for points of reference.. qemu f12 with a different kernel and the
default gurplug install

results from qemu f12 with new kernel:
root at fedora-arm ~]# cat /proc/cpu/alignment
User:		0
System:		0
Skipped:	0
Half:		0
Word:		0
DWord:		0
Multi:		0
User faults:	0 (ignored)
[root at fedora-arm ~]# vi x.c
[root at fedora-arm ~]# gcc -o x x.c
[root at fedora-arm ~]# ./x
0x65646362
[root at fedora-arm ~]# ./x
0x65646362
[root at fedora-arm ~]# ./x
0x65646362
[root at fedora-arm ~]# ./x
0x65646362
[root at fedora-arm ~]# cat /proc/cpu/alignment
User:		0
System:		0
Skipped:	0
Half:		0
Word:		0
DWord:		0
Multi:		0
User faults:	0 (ignored)
[root at fedora-arm ~]# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.2 20091019 (Red Hat 4.4.2-5)

[root at fedora-arm ~]# uname -a
Linux fedora-arm 2.6.36 #1 Wed Oct 27 16:28:38 EDT 2010 armv5tejl
armv5tejl armv5tejl GNU/Linux
[root at fedora-arm ~]#

Here are the results from guruplug default install (debian lenny):

root at sheevaplug-debian:~# cat /proc/cpu/alignment
User:		0
System:		0
Skipped:	0
Half:		0
Word:		0
DWord:		0
Multi:		0
User faults:	0 (ignored)
root at sheevaplug-debian:~# vi x.c
root at sheevaplug-debian:~# gcc -o x x.c
root at sheevaplug-debian:~# ./x
0x61646362
root at sheevaplug-debian:~# ./x
0x61646362
root at sheevaplug-debian:~# ./x
0x61646362
root at sheevaplug-debian:~# ./x
0x61646362
root at sheevaplug-debian:~# cat /proc/cpu/alignment
User:		4
System:		0
Skipped:	0
Half:		0
Word:		0
DWord:		0
Multi:		0
User faults:	0 (ignored)
root at sheevaplug-debian:~#
root at sheevaplug-debian:~# gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2

root at sheevaplug-debian:~# uname -a
Linux sheevaplug-debian 2.6.32-00007-g56678ec #1 PREEMPT Mon Feb 8
03:49:55 PST 2010 armv5tel GNU/Linux
root at sheevaplug-debian:~#