[fedora-arm] New Status Page Mockup

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Fri Mar 11 05:29:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 14:43 -0500, Chris Tyler wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 02:10 -0500, Houssam Haidar wrote:
> > I've love to get some feedback on this

Hi Houssam,

I've been thinking about the build-farm and the utilization of its
capacity. I wrote a quick'n'dirty script last night that captures data
about the build farm at 5-minute intervals and logs it. I think it might
be useful to be able to view some graphs of this data on the status
page, for example, something like
http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/chris/koji-graphs-2011-03-10/koji-graphs-1.pdf

There are two graphs in that file, the first one showing the total
capacity of all enabled build hosts and the sum of the load on the build
hosts (as reported by Koji).

The other graph shows the total number of enabled builders (which will
vary as machines are enabled and disabled) along with the number of
machines which are idle, and the number unresponsive (those that have
not checked into Koji for 15 minutes or more). This graph might be
better shown as a stacked line graph, coloured green for active, yellow
or gray for idle, and red for unresponsive.

It would be useful to see this data for the last day, or daily averages
for a week or a month. If you do implement tabs for the various targets,
there could be another tab for "Build Farm" with this data.

http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/chris/koji-graphs-2011-03-10/koji-load.csv is a sample of the log data; the fields are:
* Date-time
* Load
* Capacity