[fedora-arm] Missing fake-kernel-provides package

Niels de Vos devos at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 26 14:17:38 UTC 2011

Hi Dmitry,

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Dmitry N. Mikushin <maemarcus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for you great work, Fedora arm rootfs alpha worked well on
> toshiba ac100, then I was able to change repo and receive updates from
> latest beta 2. One issue I've seen is the following:
>
> http://hongkong/yum/base/12/arm/fake-kernel-provides-1.0.0-0.fc12.armv5tel.rpm:
> [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - ""
> Trying other mirror.
>

> Error Downloading Packages:
>  fake-kernel-provides-1.0.0-0.fc12.armv5tel: failed to retrieve
> fake-kernel-provides-1.0.0-0.fc12.armv5tel.rpm from fedora-arm-koji
> error was [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - ""
>
> URL is indeed quite strange... What's the problem with it?

Yeah, the hostname looks a bit short. The correct URL should be
http://hongkong.proximity.on.ca/yum/base/12/arm/fake-kernel-provides-1.0.0-0.fc12.armv5tel.rpm
.

For me the mirrorlist from /etc/yum.repo.d/fedora.repo returns other
(and correct) hostnames. You can test it with something like this:
$ curl 'http://mirrorlist.fedora-arm.wantstofly.org/?repo=fedora-12&arch=arm5vtel'

I guess someone else needs to check the mirrorlist service...

HTH,
Niels