[fedora-arm] armv7hl requirements

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:52:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM,  <omalleys at msu.edu> wrote:
> Quoting Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net>:
>
>> I must say that I like this idea A LOT! :D
>
> I like this idea a lot too. It will speed up development. :)
>
> If the -main- development is done this way, then a final compile for
> the release is done on actual hardware with the actual toolchain, it
> would also meet the specs of the Fedora Project.  This is less
> frustrating to developers, and it should only require a 1 recompile
> since the build issues should be fixed.

Ultimately anything compiled in koji that is not a scratch build could
conceivably become part of the final compose of the OS so there's no
way of telling what is dev and what is final. In reality once things
settle down all development should be done upstream in Fedora and
koji-shadow then just follows mainline.

> While adding the armv7l flags, can we also double check for the
> existence of the armv5tel flags and add them if necessary especially
> in the f15 and f16 packages? :)

They are already there. There should have been nothing changed of
recent time. Ultimately they're an addition, arches don't randomly get
removed.