[fedora-arm] Slow USB storage on A9 processors

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Mon Sep 12 18:14:07 UTC 2011

Quoting David Marlin <dmarlin at redhat.com>:

> Jeffrey Bastian wrote:

>>> I have built a kernel package for f13 and f15 using Mark's patches.
>>> They are available from the xpfa repos.
>>
>> I installed the 2.6.40.3-0.fc14.armv7l.omap kernel on my PandaBoard
>> (with Fedora 13) and it boots, but networking seems to be broken.  The
>> interface name has reverted back to usb0 (it was eth0 with 2.6.39) and
>> even with the interface up and configured, I can't ping anything.
>>
>> Do I need to update something else?

Does it work if you statically assign the IP's? (rule out dhclient)

Are these using a nic -> usb device?

udev maybe the culprit? Although I did notice with the 2.6.40 kernel
on x86 (yeah i know. x86 blah..) you needed something like the onboot,
nm_controlled, uuid or type in the ifcfg-eth0 file (i forgot exactly
which.) in order to get it to plumb the device when you activated it
with ifup eth0.