[fedora-arm] armv5tel F15 toolchain update

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Sep 29 09:55:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:
> There is at least one ARM-specific gcc patch that we need.  Jakub has
> it in his update, but AFAIK it's still not pushed because of delays in
> testing.
>
> You can tell if you have this patch by looking at
> /usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-redhat-linux-gnueabi/x.x.x/libgcc_s.so
>
> If it's a text file, you have the patch.  If it's not, some programs
> mysteriously fail to link.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm already aware of it however, having
filed the bug that resulted in Jakub making that change. Thats why
we're going with (latest) 4.6.1 instead of (GA) 4.6.0. also noted
here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Fedora15_HardFP_Bootstrap_package_status#gcc

cheers
Daniel