[fedora-arm] Anyone working on Mele A1000 or Allwinner A10 CPU?

Steven A. Falco safalco at optonline.net
Wed Aug 8 14:02:39 UTC 2012

On 08/08/2012 08:45 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Steven A. Falco <safalco at optonline.net> wrote:
>> The problem is that you will need a USB/ethernet dongle right now, and
>> that means you have to build your own kernel.  So a single image is not
>> really possible at the moment.
>>
>>         Steve
>
> OK I see. Thanks.
>
> Let me guess... the Ethernet port in the device is handled by the cpu
> (DSP microcode) rather than being based on a real Ethernet controller
> on the system board?. Or is there an Ethernet chip in there, just
> unsupported by Linux drivers?.
>
> If the former case, then it reminds me of the Neuros OSD...

It uses something called WEMAC which is part of the chip.  I have not
attempted to see what is wrong.  Might just be a gpio that is not
turned on, or might be something major.  Sadly I don't have time to
dig into it.

But since Olimex is looking at building a hacker board with this CPU,
I imagine it will get sorted out by them, if not before...

	Steve