[fedora-arm] Network not working on Devkit8000

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Tue May 15 01:36:37 UTC 2012

On 05/14/2012 06:34 PM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> On 05/14/2012 03:19 PM, Robert Nelson wrote:
>> What "issue" are you seeing with bconoby's F17-hardfp image? (theres
>> no dm9000 on the beagle xm)
>
> If I understand correctly, the Beagleboard XM's ethernet interface is
> not working with the official FC17 kernel-omap (3.3.4).  It's visible,
> but does not pass traffic.

I can confirm that this was the case with the the XM's hardfp nightly
image I downloaded Friday.  The interface comes up as usb0 (as seen in
dmesg), but spits out "device not ready" errors when using
NetworkManager or ifup/down to establish a connection.  I swapped in
Angstrom's kernel (3.0.17 I think) and the network interface came up as
eth0 and functioned properly.

The image I downloaded from the nightly page Sunday didn't boot at all.
I can supply console output if desired; I'm downloading the latest image
now to see if anything is different.

It also looks like the kernels and initrds up to this point don't have
all of the usb storage drivers included.  I had my XM rigged to boot the
kernel from SD and use a USB HDD as /, but to debug these images I've
only been able to use the SD card.

Rich