[fedora-arm] TI Pandaboard ES

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 28 21:59:23 UTC 2012

Hi Fernando,

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> My excitement abot the availability of the Beta release of F17 for ARM
> didn´t last long, as the only ARM based system I have is a TI PandaBoard and
> the release notes say "there´s an issue" with the kernel and the PanbaBoard.
>
> So, what is the nature of the "issue" and why hasn´t it been fixed already?
> (Ubuntu and Debian both are working on the Pandaboard, so I guess the fix
> has been already submitted upstream, no?).
>
> Is there anything I can do to get F17 beta working on a PandaBoard ES (I
> guess the TI BeagleBoard release would be very similar, right?), or am I out
> of the F17 testing until the beta is completed and the final release is
> available?

The release with the "issue" works fine, I'm using it on my PandaBoard
ES. The issue is that we're having to ship a F-15 kernel because the
F-17 kernel crashes on boot. I doubt either Debian or Ubuntu ship a
3.3 kernel yet. Other than the older kernel it works fine although it
doesn't yet work with X although we're working to get that resolved
too.