[fedora-arm] Cubieboard

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 16:39:23 UTC 2012

On 09/05/2012 05:02 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Not sure if you've seen this All Winner A10 board. I've registered
> Fedora's interest in supporting these boards so please don't bother
> them as I'll get notified when they have boards to send out for bring
> up.

Thanks!

> It's a much higher spec than the Raspberry Pi (1ghz ARMv7 Cortex-A8
> with 1Gb RAM and real SATA) for only a few bucks more and is hardfp so
> it should be an interesting device (there's a LOT of cheap A10/A13
> boards/devices appearing) but it will likely be similar to the Pi in
> that the kernel is not yet mainline so it'll likely be an out of tree
> support in the short term.
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/05/cubieboard-for-developers/

I think I mentioned to you (and Brendan) that I think the "Pi" shortly
becomes a class of device (like Kleenex is the by-word for any kind of
tissue product), and everyone moves to Cortex-A8/A9 based devices like
these. Additionally, the All Winner guys are known to be working well
with upstream (Arnd told me as we were looking at some recently). I like
the Pi, but I'm more enthusiastic about the general concept.

Jon.