[fedora-arm] Fedora on ARM in community projects?

Clive Messer clive.m.messer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 21:24:48 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-12-22 at 11:53 -0800, Brendan Conoboy wrote:

> This weekend I've been moving various home systems to Fedora 20,
> including the system that was running my Squeezebox server.  There were
> some problems running the vendor package, but I stumbled upon this
> community version of the server:
>
> http://www.communitysqueeze.org/index.jsp
>
> Not only do they support Fedora, they use Fedora 19 armhfp on a
> wandboard.  I had no idea.  Besides Pidora, do you know of other
> community projects using Fedora on ARM?  Would love to see a big list.

Brendan,

I did post an intro to this list a couple of months back, letting you
all know that we were using Fedora as the basis for our Squeezebox
compatible Community Squeeze Player project (on Wandboard). Our F20
image is days away from release.....
A big change for us, moving from a FSL 3.0.35 kernel on our previous
F18/F19 images to a mainline 3.12 kernel. (The fact that NetworkManager
has been fixed, so that NetworkManager-wait-online, actually works and
does what it says on the tin, before systemd starts a bunch of
services/shares that depend on the network being available, was my last
"can't release an F20 image until this works". ;))

And yes, not that it was ever a secret, (but not something that we go
out of our way to publicise either), that as well as the arm repo for
our Community Squeeze Player project, we also package and maintain an
community "spin" of LMS (and squeezelite player software, jivelite
controller software) for the desktop platforms (F19/F20 i386/x86_64).

Regards

Clive (posting in my capacity as <clive.messer at communitysqueeze.org>).
--
Clive Messer <clive.m.messer at gmail.com>