[fedora-arm] Announcing Fedora 19 (Schrödinger's cat) for the 2012 Samsung Chromebook

Steven A. Falco stevenfalco at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 16:48:51 UTC 2013

On 07/04/2013 11:16 AM, Jon wrote:
> Thanks Steven,
>
> Fixed the wiki.
>
> Hopefully the image was not corrupted on download, and my apologies
> for not providing a checksum before.
> Here you go:
>
> sha256sum    f19-chromebook-MATE.img.xz
> 723647155e51f94d0c9a20f0f1f44d6c375cb06d23c459241d38508b252e48f9
> f19-chromebook-MATE.img.xz

The checksum verified as correct.

> Beyond that you might try to fix the sdcard from inside ChromeOS.
>
> 1. boot into ChromeOS.
> 2. type: CTRL + ALT + T to open a shell.
> 3. Inside the shell type: "shell" and "sudo su -" to reach a
> privileged bash prompt
> 4. Run the setup script on the sdcard:
>      # bash /media/removable/rootfs/root/setup.bash

I ran the script manually.  I got one failure message about not
being able to access /dev/mmcblk1 (error code = 2, ENOENT).

This appears to be caused by the device node not being present
in /media/removable/rootfs.

If I do:

	mknod /media/removable/rootfs/dev/mmcblk1 b 179 48
	chmod ugo+rw /media/removable/rootfs/dev/mmcblk1

then the script gives error 13 instead (EACCES).  I also get a
message that I need to be root.  However, "id" shows that I am
root.  So something about the chroot appears to be dropping the
permissions.

Regardless, the script continues to run, and at the end I am
able to boot into F19 via ^U.  So the error is not fatal.

	Steve