[fedora-arm] 3.8.x. kernel for F-18/17

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 20:37:49 UTC 2013

Hi All,

We're getting close to pushing a proper updates build for the F-18/17
releases to rebase them to kernel 3.8.x.

I have done a scratch build of 3.8.2-202 [1] and I would like some
wider testing especially on armv5tel devices.

A quick overview of the status of this kernel on the various devices we support:
* Beagle XM - I have it working on my XM! WOO! I plan on generating a
test image to allow wider testing of this because I know there's
interesting. You need DeviceTree to get it to work.
* Panda - Tested on the original Panda, ES testing still outstanding
* Trimslice - DTS tested working with uboot v2012.04-1.01 [3] (the one
with half the RAM)
* Highbank - tested and working

As we do further testing the wiki [2] will be updated.

As far as I'm concerned the remaining outstanding bugs are as follows:
* vexpress on qemu crashes on boot due to divide by zero bug.
* upgrade from kernel-highbank -> kernel

Peter

[1] http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1530549
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Quality_Assurance/Kernel_Testing#kernel-3.8.2-202.fc18
[3] http://www.trimslice.com/wiki/index.php/Trim-Slice_Firmware_Updater