[fedora-arm] buildroot overrides

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 08:12:23 UTC 2013

On 13 Mar 2013 05:05, "T.C. Hollingsworth" <tchollingsworth at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wanted to test nodejs on the nifty little OLPC XO 1.75 I got for the
> summer of hardware, so I followed these instructions [1] to build the
> necessary packages for ARM and attempted to install them.
> Unfortunately, ARM koii didn't respect my buildroot override and built
> nodejs against the wrong version of libuv.
>
> Is there a way to do buildroot overrides on ARM or will I have to wait
> until packages get shadowbuilt?  (I'd really prefer not to have to
> build locally if at all possible.)

You can't at the moment but that said package maintainers shouldn't be
building that packages on arm the process is to build them mainline x86 and
we have a process called koji-shadow that recreates the repos with the
minimum version of libraries (such as ljbuv).

> Also, how can I make sure nodejs gets built against the right libuv
> now that I screwed it up?

You'll need to let me know the list of packages you screwed up so I can go
and reset them.

While I have a nodejs person about if you really want to help out I have 3
nodejs packages that are segfaulting on build you could investigate. I
think most of the rest are built or awaiting the failed packages. Unless
there's some built against your problem builds that I'll need to reset as
well. I'm travelling at the moment but I'll reply later with the 3 problem
packages.

Peter