[fedora-arm] Marsboard support

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 15:43:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 02:57:31PM +0100, Francesco D'Aluisio wrote:
>> Hans's work is great!
>> However linux-sunxi.org[1] has a experimental branch on 3.10 kernel with DT
>> support but currently not very useful for Fedora
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi/tree/experimental/sunxi-3.10
>
> More info here:
>
> http://linux-sunxi.org/Mainlining_Effort
>
> I'm going to try the upstream kernel tomorrow on my A31 (waiting for
> another UART cable to be delivered ...).
>
> I don't care about lack of GPU support.  If it boots and has ethernet,
> I'm good to go.  Can we consider supporting Allwinners in Fedora
> without caring about GPU/graphical stuff?

As I've mentioned previously once the MMC support lands upstream we
should be able to support the basics in Fedora. There's already the
core SoC support and ethernet support, once we have MMC we can get a
platform that can be supported via serial console at least. Until we
have some form of storage medium supported it would be a hacked up
boot over the network using uboot we'd need to do which isn't
supportable.