[fedora-arm] Installing on a Hard Drive

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Aug 19 19:57:01 UTC 2014

On 08/19/2014 03:08 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:18:29 -0400
> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a couple SATA drives I would like to test booting from.  Is
>> there anything special I need to do, or can I 'just' attach with a
>> USB/SATA adapter, run the install script (and the Cubieboard2 uboot
>> dd command), and boot?
>>
>> Once I figure out the right power connector, I will be using some IDE
>> drives on an IDE/SATA adapter as well.
> really the best way to install to sata is to put u-boot on a sdcard and
>   boot the machine. you should have dhcp setup and configure pxe
>   booting. then just do an install using anaconda.

OK.  all new to me.

Are you talking about the interactive network installation presented at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Rawhide/Installation#Interactive_Network_Installation

??

Or something more specialized?

I can put the Cubieboard2 upboot on with:

dd if=/root/u-boot-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=1024
seek=8; sync

I have dhcp on my network, do I have to do anything on the SDcard to
support it?

For the anaconda install.  No video on the Cubieboard, I only have
serial console and ssh.

And PXE booting.  Are you saying that I am not installing to the drive,
but booting all the time from the network?

Confused here...  :)