[fedora-arm] Minimal printing problems

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 1 21:55:11 UTC 2014

I have posted on this a number of times.  I made a little headway this
afternoon.  Indirectly.

This time I build an install from the Xfce setup and ignored the fact
that I do not have video support.  Specifying norootpassword on the
install allowed me to log in to the serial console and get things going.

Just as with the x86_64 Xfce install, cups and hplip are installed. and
cups is running.  I installed system-config-printer and enscript.

I did have to allow remote admin to configure the printer:

cupsctl _remote_admin=1 -U root

Once I did that, I created the printer definition.  Did the test print
via the remote admin (nothing new here).  This time when I used enscript
from the command line, the file printed.  No 'Filter failed' job message.

This tells that something else is needed to print from the Minimal setup
beyond cups and hplip.  What might it be?