[fedora-arm] Fedora 21 Allwinner Remix image?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 8 11:11:26 UTC 2014

On 12/08/2014 05:16 AM, Robert Brown wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> On 08/12/14 14:43, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 10:57 PM, Robert Brown
>> <rebrown at exemail.com.au> wrote:
>>> Anyone working on a FC21 image for the A10? My device does not give me
>>> access to a serial monitor so am hoping to change the dtb file for
>>> the A10
>>> on a remix build and get this unit booting on 3.17.
>>> Thanks
>> You don't mention what your device is but a change in the .dtb won't
>> fix the lack of display, there's a complete lack of driver,
> Yes my wording could have been better.
> Changing the .dtb was only about getting the device to boot as I
> realise hdmi is not yet ready.
> The device is a Rikomagic MK802II. Booting it headless with 3.17 is my
> aim but the soldering job for a serial console is a challenge beyond
> my soldering skills - see
> http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2488
> so am hoping some-one with a compatible device such as Mele A1000 or
> CB1 could develop an image. A howto for the build and to get wireless
> configured for an ssh connection is an alternative.

You could just try booting without serial console if you provide
--norootpass on building the SD card.   SSHD permits logging in as root,
just don't do this on the Internet, as you are sitting wide open!

Thinking about the firstboot script the only really needed things it
does is set the timezone and root password.  You can add your user after
logging in as root.

I would suspect that if no serial console, it just comes up as ready as
possible.  All you need is your WiFi to be working; that is a pretty big
assumption.  You might have to get a supported ethernet dongle.

What has happened in booting without a serial console so far?