[fedora-arm] Fedora 21 Allwinner A10 Booting?

Robert Brown rebrown at exemail.com.au
Sat Dec 13 06:52:55 UTC 2014

On 08/12/14 22:36, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> On 12/08/2014 06:30 AM, Robert Brown wrote:
>>>
>>> You could just try booting without serial console if you provide
>>> --norootpass on building the SD card.   SSHD permits logging in as
>>> root, just don't do this on the Internet, as you are sitting wide open!
>> I think I would need to manually configure and select my local
>> network SSID and passphrase to get it on the network so I can ssh to
>> it. A new world for me under systemd.
>
> After first boot, you can see what interface name it used, the create
> an appropriate ifcfg- file.  They still work.
>

>>> Thinking about the firstboot script the only really needed things it
>>> does is set the timezone and root password.  You can add your user
>>> after logging in as root.
>>>
>>> I would suspect that if no serial console, it just comes up as ready
>>> as possible.  All you need is your WiFi to be working; that is a
>>> pretty big assumption.  You might have to get a supported ethernet
>>> dongle.
>> As above.
>>>
>>> What has happened in booting without a serial console so far?
>> I am running blind so I either see a new connection open up when I do
>> an nmap search from my PC or more likely there is no new connection
>> for the reasons I mention. The real trick is to know if I have even
>> had a successful boot.
>
> What else are you going to do right now but try?
So on my attempts using Fedora-LXDE-armhfp-21-5-sda.raw.xz written to
the sdcard using the manual instructions here
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F21/Installation
including writing the appropriate u-boot to the media

and setting up wpa using tips from
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/WpaSupplicant with edits of
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0

I don't believe the boot is getting very far as messages in /var/log is
empty.

Maybe because I am not yet logged in. Tried setting autologin  in
lxdm.conf.

Still tryin' stuff.