[fedora-arm] Fedora 21 Allwinner A10 Booting?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Dec 14 00:27:22 UTC 2014

On 12/13/2014 01:52 AM, Robert Brown wrote:

> On 08/12/14 22:36, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> I think I would need to manually configure and select my local
>>> network SSID and passphrase to get it on the network so I can ssh to
>>> it. A new world for me under systemd.
>>
>> After first boot, you can see what interface name it used, the create
>> an appropriate ifcfg- file.  They still work.

>>> As above.

>>> I am running blind so I either see a new connection open up when I
>>> do an nmap search from my PC or more likely there is no new
>>> connection for the reasons I mention. The real trick is to know if I
>>> have even had a successful boot.
>>
>> What else are you going to do right now but try?
> So on my attempts using Fedora-LXDE-armhfp-21-5-sda.raw.xz written to
> the sdcard using the manual instructions here
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F21/Installation
> including writing the appropriate u-boot to the media
>
> and setting up wpa using tips from
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/WpaSupplicant with edits of
> /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0

Do you know what ethernet name is being used?  Since your WiFi is a USB
dongle, there are a lot of possiblities.  All the more reason for
journalctl.

If you know the MAC address you can create:

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*",
ATTR{address}=="02:c3:04:01:77:c3", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*",
NAME="wlan0"

This will 'fix' the name you need for ifcfg-wlan0

> I don't believe the boot is getting very far as messages in /var/log
> is empty.

No /var/log/messages anymore.  It is all journalctl.  Look in that
directory.

> Maybe because I am not yet logged in. Tried setting autologin  in
> lxdm.conf.

Would not know about lxdm.conf