[fedora-arm] Readonly filesystem

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 04:17:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Marcin Trendota <moonwolf.rh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any attempt to make root filesystem readonly? Embedded system often
> boots from flash / sd cards and constant writing to them (logs) may(?)
> significantly shorten their life. Or not? Do you think it's worth trying?
>
> I'm thinking about embedded device working days or months - possible without
> admin access or even any attention.

There isn't any ARM specific attempts that I'm aware of but I know
there are other areas in Fedora that are certainly investigating this
for things like hypervisors and containers and it would be exactly the
same process for this what ever the architecture or usecase so I
suggest looking at the wider Fedora ecosystem as there's no reason for
this to be architecture or device specific.