[fedora-arm] Readonly filesystem

Marcin Trendota moonwolf.rh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:55:10 UTC 2014

Dnia wtorek, 16 grudnia 2014 4:17:51 AM Peter Robinson pisze:

> There isn't any ARM specific attempts that I'm aware of but I know
> there are other areas in Fedora that are certainly investigating this
> for things like hypervisors and containers and it would be exactly the
> same process for this what ever the architecture or usecase so I
> suggest looking at the wider Fedora ecosystem as there's no reason for
> this to be architecture or device specific.

It's a matter of setting some options in /etc/sysconfig/readonly-root (and add
'ro' option in /etc/fstab for root partition to mount readonly). QEMU image
boots properly as far as i can see. Not sure yet - but looks like it works.

Informations found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StatelessLinux
http://warewolf.github.io/blog/2013/10/12/setting-up-a-read-only-rootfs-fedora-box/

--